PROJECT ENGINEER- BID AND TENDER
Interfacing with Tranos prospective and existing customers throughout the bid and tendering process. As an experienced engineer with good commercial project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to complex technical specifications and documentation. You will liaise closely with the Engineering team in order to interpret project requirements and present design concepts to customers and other interested stakeholders. You will coordinate all aspects of the bid and tender preparation process.
- Work within the Engineering team and with the management team to develop a bid/tender winning strategy.
- Manage the preparation of proposals for a range of bespoke products by coordinating the activities of the Sales and Engineering Teams.
- Review and manage customer’s enquiry process into a costed workable solution
- Submit detailed response to enquiries and provide responses to any subsequent requests for clarification
- Develop costing as part of the quotation process
- Act as Tranos internal contact point for the customer during the enquiry and bidding processes.
- Develop, negotiate and agree contract specifications with a variety of external groups, including contractors, end-users and OEM Companies.
- Attend resultant calls for negotiations with the customer and convert those opportunities into purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the engineers and decision makers within the customer organizations.
- Work with the customer prospect to ascertain the enquiry information necessary to produce sales proposals including technical product selection, quotation documents and costing through standardized costing templates and technical specifications.
- Assisting the Brand and Communications staff in the production of case studies, press releases and marketing materials as required.
- Carry out regular proposal follow up using, updating and maintaining the CRM and sales programs.
- Assist the Engineering department where applicable when undertaking a design and build for new unit orders.
- Clarify subsequent purchase order receipts and prepare detailed order handover documentation in a timely manner for contract execution.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Background of tendering and bid preparation for large, complex, high-value projects.
- Practical experience of assembly/manufacturing would be beneficial
- Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
- Strong interest in a customer facing role, willing and enthusiastic about meeting clients.
- Willingness to give additional inputs as and when required to meet client based deadlines, often at short notice.
- Flexible in the face of conflicting priorities
- Firm grasp on both engineering skills, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to transmit information effectively i.e. in clear, unambiguous terms to, customers, distributors, etc
- Ability to understand technical information and relay it in a manner that is clearly understood by others.
- Ability to write reports in clear terms using a mixture of words, charts, graphs, etc.
- Culture-Oriented Mind-set
- Must have a can-do attitude
- Must be apt in proactive problem solving
- Must be interested in continuous learning
- Must always take responsibility and be accountable for individual and group goals
- Must be able to work smart and leverage for outstanding results
- Must be able to surpass expectations